The duties of the floor assistant shall include but not be limited to:
1. Assists residents with daily living activities.
2. Serves residents three meals daily in dining area.
3. Responsible for cleaning dining room after each meal.
4. Changes linens weekly and distributes towels on a daily basis.
5. Reminds residents to take medications at proper time.
6. Assists residents as needed to ancillary services (i.e., Lab, X-rays, Physical Therapy) in Hopedale Medical Complex.
7. If the resident has a problem, the floor assistant will report the problem to the administrator.
8. The assistant will be “on call” in the event a resident needs medical assistant.
9. Keeps a daily record of resident activity/problems.
10. Maintains the floors in the dining area.
11. If required, the assistant will provide “wake- up call for a resident.
12. Sends medication trays to medication area on a weekly basis to be refilled.
13. Answers the phone in the absence of the unit secretary.
14. Staff assistant available from 6:30 am to 6:30pm (A-Shift), and 6:30pm to 6:30am (B-Shift).